Monday 5 September 2016

Framed deer with video







For my card I made a wintery background.
First I tried smooshing the inkpad onto an acrylic blockand then “stamping”it on watercolour paper, but I either didn;t use enough water or this paper just won’t flow the inks well, so I got allthe stripes where I swiped, you can see it in the photo, also adjusted my color choice a little .

So instead of smooshing I got out my refillers of Distress inks (chipped sapphire, faded jeans, stormy sky and tumbled glas). Wetted the paper and with a wide brush I applied t
he inks.

I kind of wanted a frayed edge as I thought to use a narrower frame and I thought it would be quite nice if the coloring peeked from behind, but I decided against it after my banner sentiment wouldn’t fit.

I heat set it and proceeded with my splattering, Distress ink spray brushed pewter andantigued bronze and Dylusions white picket fence. I don’t have the Lindy’s stampgang sprays, just a few embossing powders, which I used on my birch trees fro Avery Elle (Let it snow stampset). For this I used Lindy’embossingpowder silver moon turquoise. As I thought silver briches..silver...hmm might work ;-).
I used the MISTI to stamp the trees and left it in there as I knew the embossingpowder is translucent and I didn;t know how it would show up. You can see the immense shimmer of these almost ghostly trees now. If it hadn’t worked or I didn;tlike it I would have restamped the trees and add another layer of white embossingpowder. I thought the stark white would be too much as I already have a white frame and deer.I still have that second panel, so I might try it , maybe white glitter embossing powder..oooh..
I dieut the Memory Box woodland deer form the inner bit of the frame and adhered it to the frame after I mounted foam tape on the back.
Attached the watercolored panel and adhered it all to a cardbase.
I added some of my Wow! Eombossingpowder/melt it enamel dots.




did finish the second panel, but not with white embossing powder for the trees but with this amazing one from Wow! fairy dust it's called. glitterpaper with stick it for the deer and snowy hill, bluie staple to attach vellum movie ticket sentiment



Update September 25th:




2 comments:

  1. Your wintry scene is gorgeous, Maaike! Those white droplets are awesome! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sparkly Christmas Scene cards they are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete