Tuesday 20 February 2018

Using up scraps: quilted cards and a small haul with video

Today's card is a bit fiddly and in hindsight I should have done it differently I think.
I taped all these little squares together, but glue-ing them on a thin panel of printer paper might be easier, I just didn't think if it quickly enough and once started you persevere, at least I do ;-)

I cut tons of little squares 2cm each, that's a bit under one inch. and then took a standard square cardbase for the Netherlands , but you can make these cards any size you want. In the video I also show different solution if you don't have nesting dies. Look around in your stash.

After deciding on
the colors and pattern and glueing it all together I diecute two heart of od the panel (Aver Elle Hearts frame) and the same hearts from more scraps.
I also diecut the Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello from black card with stick it on the back for the sentiment.
The to hide a few gaps I added enamel dots from Create a Smile (enamel treats), but again any shape, size, brand you have will work.

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

I hope you like this idea and will give it a try. I'm not a quilter or patchworker, so I'm sorry if some of the terminology isn't correct .

I used the other bits how I suggested in the video, on a scrap piece of paper, the liquid glue made it warp a little, but it looks better and is less fiddly, somehow I think my dies are not completely square if that's at all possible ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment